Berry Barbecued Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange juice and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce is thickened.
- 3. Brush some of the sauce over roast. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing often with sauce. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 262 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Berry Barbecued Pork Roast
"I also used a can cranberry but I used the jelled one ( it's what I had on hand) . I also didn't have orange juice, but I had the concentrate and it came out wonderful! I used half concentrate to the recipe and water for the other half. Much less sugar also. I loved it! will definitely make this again. Maybe use it on a ham next time :) ."
"I entered this in my local county fair with a few changes. I used a pork tenderloin, 4 cups whole berry cranberry sauce( couldn't find fresh or frozen cranberries anywhere), omitted the sugar because of the canned berries, and accidentally doubled the salt and pepper. I also ended up baking it for about 60 minutes. The dish got 1st place with comments on how juicy and tender it was. There wasn't much left by the time I picked the dish back up. I've had several requests for the recipe."
"We were invited to dinner with friends. They used pork tenderloin (one of my favorites) and it was wonderful. We'll be serving this again and again."
"my family loved this recipe...."
"This is my favorite roast pork recipe. I used tin whole berry cranberrys (as cranberries were not available at that time). Used only 1 Tbsp. of sugar (as cranberry sauce sweet enough)and added the barbecue sauce with orange juice. I baked the roast w/the lid on. Really delicious. *****"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.