Berry Barbecued Pork Roast
Moist and tender, this elegant pork roast topped with a thick ruby-red cranberry barbecue sauce is sure to please dinner guests! Doris Heath of Franklin, North Carolina sent the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Place with fat side up on a rack
- in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, orange
- juice and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
- medium-low; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until cranberries pop
- and sauce is thickened.
- Brush some of the sauce over roast. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or
- until a thermometer reads 145°, brushing often with sauce. Let
- stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce equals 262 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,