- a ball. Divide dough in half so that one portion is slightly larger
- than the other; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30
- minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to fit
- a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice and vanilla; add
- berries and rhubarb. Combine the flour, allspice, cinnamon and 1-1/2
- cups sugar; add to apple mixture and toss gently to coat. Spoon into
- crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute
- edges. Brush milk over lattice top. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 50-60
- minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 615 calories, 28 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.