Berry Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apples and raspberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- 2. Spoon filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 419 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Berry Apple Pie
"I made this delicious pie for a September luncheon using blackberries from my garden; the combination was very tasty and everyone loved it. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Heidi Jo!"
"The raspberries gave the apples a lovely colour in the finished pie. I would probably cut own the amount of sugar just a little but I guess that depends on the tartness of the apples in the first place. Before putting the pie in the oven I wet the pastry top with just a little water and sprinkled sugar over the top for a nice finish. Definitely a winner."
"Very tart but quite superb"
"I have used black berries with apples too. That is wonderful. Yummy. It takes the tartness out of the berries."