Berry Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Add apples and raspberries; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Spoon filling into crust; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry Apple Pie(3)
Sort By :
The raspberries gave the apples a lovely colour in the finished pie. I would probably cut own the amount of sugar just a little but I guess that depends on the tartness of the apples in the first place. Before putting the pie in the oven I wet the pastry top with just a little water and sprinkled sugar over the top for a nice finish. Definitely a winner.
Very tart but quite superb
I have used black berries with apples too. That is wonderful. Yummy. It takes the tartness out of the berries.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >