- 8 to 10 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Place the apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and apple juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Pour over the apples. Sprinkle with berries. In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour and walnuts; add oil and syrup. sprinkle over berries.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Berry Apple Crumble in Country Woman March/April 1999, p31
Reviews for Berry Apple Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review