Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup raspberry filling
- Edible glitter or confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds.
- 2. On a heavily floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. With floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes.
- 3. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle with edible glitter or confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 167 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Berry-Almond Sandwich Cookies
"I made this last year for my family and my friends while screening through all my seasonal TOH magazines I got, and I just randomly wrote down all the cookies from the mags, letting family and friends pick any cookie they liked. I was given eight different kinds to make, and this one was the best out of all! I used lingonberry preserves in place of raspberry jam, and the tartness of the preserves really balanced out the sweetness of the almond flavoring in the cookies. It was a bear to make at first because of the floury mess it left, but it was SO worth it! I recommend anybody who finds this recipe should try and make it, even those who aren't big on sandwich cookies."