Berry Almond Bruschetta
I've made Italian-style bruschetta as an appetizer for years, but this berry version is unbeatable! It can be served both as a snack and as a dessert.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons almond paste
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with butter; place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each
- side or until golden brown. Spread cream cheese mixture over toast;
- top with berries and sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.