- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and tops are lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Melt the remaining butter. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Dip muffin tops in butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Berry Acres Raspberry Muffins in Farm and Ranch Living June/July 2009
Reviews for Berry Acres Raspberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review