This elegant dessert adds a special touch to any meal. Add variety by using your favorite combination of flavored yogurt and fresh fruit. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 6 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; spritz with butter-flavored spray. Top with a another sheet of phyllo; spritz with spray. Cut into six squares. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to avoid drying out.) Repeat with remaining phyllo.
- Stack three squares of layered phyllo in each of six muffin cups coated with cooking spray, rotating squares so corners do not overlap. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sugar into each cup. Spritz with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, orange peel and juice, and remaining sugar. Spoon yogurt mixture into cups; top with berries. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berry & Yogurt Phyllo Nests in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p50
Reviews for Berry & Yogurt Phyllo Nests
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review