Berry & Cream Chocolate Cups Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over the bottoms and up the sides of 12 foil muffin cup liners. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in sour cream until smooth. Set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and reserved sour cream mixture. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 5. Carefully remove foil liners from chocolate cups. Fill cups with pastry cream and strawberries. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 piece equals 249 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.