These cute chocolate cups are fun and easy to make ahead of time. They're yummy heaped with cool pastry cream filling-or you can spoon in ice cream or mousse. —Amy Blom, Marietta, GA
- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over the bottoms and up the sides of 12 foil muffin cup liners. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in sour cream until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and reserved sour cream mixture. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Carefully remove foil liners from chocolate cups. Fill cups with pastry cream and strawberries. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Berry & Cream Chocolate Cups in Country Woman June/July 2009, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry & Cream Chocolate Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review