- 1 package (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread melted chocolate over the bottoms and up the sides of 12 foil muffin cup liners. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy; beat in sour cream until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and reserved sour cream mixture. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Carefully remove foil liners from chocolate cups. Fill cups with pastry cream and strawberries. Chill until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berry & Cream Chocolate Cups
Sort By :
I made these as a Valentine's treat for friends and family. Everbody loved them! My brother and his wife didn't tell their kids I brought them over so they wouldn't have to share! They were addicting and beautiful but took quite a while to make. The chocolate cups were the hardest part, by far. Next time I make these, I'm probably going to triple the amount of chocolate that it calls for and put the tins in the freezer overnight. Doing that will most likely make things easier.