- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a heavy saucepan, beat egg yolks and sugar with a portable mixer until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in champagne. Place the saucepan over low heat. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 5-6 minutes.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon three-quarters of the champagne cream into stemmed glasses. Top with berries. Spoon remaining champagne cream over berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries with Champagne Cream
"Just be aware that it will take more than 5 or 6 minutes to get the egg mixture to 160 degrees. I had the stovetop on low and it took a good 30 minutes of heating/mixing with the mixer to get it to 160. Be careful - the temperature will rise quickly toward the end. But the results are worth it - it's really delicious when it is finished."
"Really good be sure to cook enough"
"Excellent recipe. Lovely, creamy and totally satisfying. My guests ask if I will make this one again."
"is this recipe safe for kids? i'm never really too sure on how that works lol. thanks in advance for any answers!!"
"Fantastic recipe for a special dessert. Easy to make, and delicious!"