This recipe came from a cooking class I attended at a local department store. I first served it to my husband on Valentine's Day, but now I make it for Christmas as well. —Michele Fehring, Fishers, Indiana
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Champagne
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- In a heavy saucepan, beat egg yolks and sugar with a portable mixer until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in champagne. Place the saucepan over low heat. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Continue beating over low heat until mixture reaches 160°, about 5-6 minutes.
- Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon three-quarters of the champagne cream into stemmed glasses. Top with berries. Spoon remaining champagne cream over berries. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Berries with Champagne Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p65
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries with Champagne Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review