Berries in Champagne Jelly Recipe
- 2 cups cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) Champagne or sparkling grape juice
- 2 cups sparkling grape juice
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1. Place water in a large saucepan; sprinkle with gelatin. Let stand for 2 minutes. Add sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved (do not boil). Remove from the heat.
- 2. Measure 4 cups Champagne; set aside remaining Champagne and chill for another use. Slowly stir the 4 cups Champagne and 2 cups grape juice into the saucepan.
- 3. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 4. Using a potato masher, gently break up Champagne jelly. Layer the jelly and berries in 12 dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving equals 217 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.