Berries in a Nest Recipe
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- PHYLLO NESTS:
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Sprinkle with sugar; gently toss to coat. Let stand for 20 minutes. Pour vinegar over berries; sprinkle with pepper. Gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- For phyllo nests, coat giant nonstick muffin cups with a cooking spray; set aside. Unroll phyllo dough sheets; remove one sheet. (White assembling, keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp cloth.)
- For each nest, cut one sheet in half lengthwise and cut in thirds widthwise. Stack three sections and place in a prepared cup; spray with cooking spray. Stack remaining three sections and place in cup, alternating points. Spray with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar over dough. Repeat with remaining sheets of dough.
- Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill each nest with about 3/4 cup berry mixture. Drizzle with a small amount of juice. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Berries in a Nest
Sort By :
I used cranberry-pear white balsamic and it was a delicious dessert!
Saved some of the berries and juice and put them on a scoop of ricotta cheese the next day. I will make this again.
Easy recipe to make. Made it for a birthday celebration instead of a cake and it was the hit of the party! G. Malone
Instead of granulated sugar use Splenda. Tastes the same.
Dear HenryH-I just looked at a rhubarb coffee cake that had 66g. carbs per serving--33g. is certainly lighter, wouldn't you say? A recipe can be noted as light for a number of different reasons. There is only 1 g. of fat. If any recipe does not meet the specific needs of any one of us, we have only to find one that does--No need to rail against the site, the contributor, or anyone else. The recipe is not the one who needs to lighten up!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Greek Desserts >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >