- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle powdered sugar
- onto clean kitchen towel. Loosen cake edges from pan. Immediately
- invert onto towel. Gently roll cake with the towel into a log,
- starting at long end. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Chill beaters and mixing bowl from electric mixer 10 minutes in
- preparation for next step. Stir preserves slightly for easier
- Beat cream in chilled bowl with chilled beaters until stiff. Unroll
- cake; spread carefully with preserves, then with whipped cream.
- Reroll cake without towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill 2 to 3 hours
- or overnight.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar; garnish with fruit and mint, if
- desired, before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.