Berries 'n' Cream
"This couldn't be a simple or more delicious dessert," says Lucille Terry, Frankfort, Kentucky. "It's also versatile#151;you can drizzle the delightful dressing over strawberries or use it as a fruit dip for a summery snack."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and brown sugar; stir until
- smooth. Chill until serving. Use as a dip for whole strawberries or
- drizzle over a bowl of sliced berries. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 104 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.