Berries 'n' Cream Torte Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil; draw a 9-3/4-in. circle on each. Spoon a fourth of the batter onto each circle; spread evenly with a spoon to within 1/4 in. of edge. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Combine the sugar, confectioner's sugar and cornstarch. In a large bowl, beat cream and sugar mixture until stiff peaks form. To assemble, place one cookie layer on a large serving plate. Top with 1-1/2 cups whipped cream mixture and 2 cups of mixed berries. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining cookie layer and whipped cream mixture. Arrange remaining berries on top. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 572 calories, 39g fat (23g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Berries 'n' Cream Torte
"Also, because there is so much cream, I put an extra layer of cream on top of the berries before the next layer of cookie. It holds it together better and softens the cookie just enough so it won't crumble."
"I used a 9 inch round cake pan so all the cookie layers were exactly the same size. It was a hit for our company cookout :)"
"We sliced with a serated knife with no problems at all."
"I have made this recipe twice and both times brought rave reviews and many requests for the recipe. it is easy to make, beeutiful to look at and tasty too. Can't beat that."
"How do you cut it without it crumbling? It is beautiful and I'm sure it tastes great."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.