Berries 'n' Cream Roll-Ups
This special dessert is easy to prepare and pretty, too. This recipe helped me win the top prize in a state cooking competition.Julianne Snell, Bellingham, Washington
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 slices bread, crusts removed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolk
- until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon over each slice of bread. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long edge. In a shallow bowl,
- combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Brush roll-ups with butter;
- coat with cinnamon-sugar.
- Place seam side down in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve
- with sour cream and strawberries. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with original Pepperidge Farm bread.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium,