"If you like chocolate-covered strawberries, you'll love this sweet treat," says New Holland, Pennsylvania's Anna Lapp. "It's an ideal ending to summer meals," she adds. A fudgy brownie, whipped topping and fresh fruit make this a no-fuss feast for the eyes as well as the taste buds.
Recommended: Cookies and Cream Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread whipped topping over brownies. Arrange strawberries cut side down over top. Drizzle with chocolate topping. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Berries 'N' Cream Brownies in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p49
Reviews forBerries 'N' Cream Brownies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 11, 2010
"Great!! Satisfies the chocolate and fruity sweet tooth!!"