Berries & Swedish Cream Tartlets Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup heavy cream; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup sugar and remaining heavy cream over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in extracts. Cool slightly; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Stir in sour cream until blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. In a small bowl, toss berries with remaining sugar. Place 1 tablespoon cream mixture in each tart shell; top with berry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 tartlet: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Berries & Swedish Cream Tartlets
"These were tasty. The cream was not as smooth as I would have like, with some "chunks" in it from the gelatin that wouldn't go away no matter how hard I stirred. The chunks were less obvious once the dessert was put together in the shells. Everyone liked them. Topped with strawberries and blueberries."
"These were a BIG hit!! Great recipe. The only thing I had questions on the the Phyllo dough. I had never used them before and the pkg directions were not that clear. But they turned out amazing."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.