A friend of mine brought a similar tartlet to a party we were both attending. I knew I just had to have the recipe. I modified it and now my family loves them. Since they use mixed fresh berries, they are great anytime of the year.—Maria Gruetzmacher, Stillwater, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup heavy cream; let stand for 1 minute. In a small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup sugar and remaining heavy cream over low heat until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat and pour over gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Stir in extracts. Cool slightly; refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream until blended. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, toss berries with remaining sugar. Place 1 tablespoon cream mixture in each tart shell; top with berry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Berries & Swedish Cream Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p139
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries & Swedish Cream Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review