Layers of cubed cake, berries and creamy ricotta mixture make up these pretty trifles that taste as rich as cheesecake. —Joan Duckworth, Lee's Summit, Missouri
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, blueberries, sugar and water; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour or until cold.
- Place ricotta cheese, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a small food processor. Process until smooth.
- In each of eight parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon berry sauce, 1/3 cup cake cubes, 2 tablespoons ricotta mixture and 2 tablespoons berry sauce. Repeat cake and cheese layers; top with 1 tablespoon berry sauce. Refrigerate, covered, until serving or up to 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Berries & Cream Trifles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p82
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Berries & Cream Trifles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review