Berries & Cream Desserts
A ready-made pound cake speeds up preparation, and a marshmallow-cream cheese topping adds a mouthwatering finish to this easy dessert. —Talena Keeler, Siloam Springs, Arkansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Cut pound cake in half. Cut one half into 1/2-in. cubes (save
- remaining cake for another use). In a small bowl, beat cream cheese
- and marshmallow creme until smooth.
- In four small serving dishes, layer the cake cubes and fruit. Top
- with cream cheese mixture. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 332 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 222 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.