Berries & Cream Bruschetta
Watch out, Mr. Bagel, because there's more than one way to spread cream cheese. The topping here is delicious on morning toast, too—if you can keep it around that long.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup each fresh blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- 6 slices pound cake
- Whipped cream in a can
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, orange juice and peel until
- blended. In a large bowl, combine the berries. Place a cake slice on
- each of six dessert plates; top with cream cheese mixture and
- berries. Garnish with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 307 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.