Berried Treasure Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 8 slices angel food cake (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup almond cake and pastry filling
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Using a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cake slices (discard removed cake or save for another use). Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add extract; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3. To serve, stack one solid and one cutout slice of cake on each desert plate, placing the outer edges on opposite sides for a more even thickness. Spoon almond filling into holes; top with whipped cream, berries and nuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without confectioners' sugar): 486 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Berried Treasure Angel Food Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.