Benedictine Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Pita bread wedges or snack rye bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, white pepper, dill and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Stir in cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita or snack rye bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 66 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 fat
Reviews for Benedictine Spread
"We liked it! Different from the dips we're used to, bu certainly good!"
"Real benedictine has no mayo, no dill, no pulp of onion or cucumber, just the juice, and lots of it. Paul's market has the most authentic version in their deli case."