This version of a traditional, Kentucky cucumber spread comes from our Test Kitchen. Serve it as an appetizer dip or sandwich filling.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Pita bread wedges or snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, white
- pepper, dill and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Stir
- in cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve
- with pita or snack rye bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without pita bread and snack rye) equals 66 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.