This version of a traditional, Kentucky cucumber spread comes from our Test Kitchen. Serve it as an appetizer dip or sandwich filling.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Pita bread wedges or snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, white pepper, dill and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Stir in cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita or snack rye bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Benedictine Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006
Reviews for Benedictine Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review