- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber, patted dry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Pita bread wedges or snack rye bread
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt, white pepper, dill and food coloring if desired; beat until smooth. Stir in cucumber and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with pita or snack rye bread. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Benedictine Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006
Reviews for Benedictine Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2014
We liked it! Different from the dips we're used to, bu certainly good!
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2013
Real benedictine has no mayo, no dill, no pulp of onion or cucumber, just the juice, and lots of it. Paul's market has the most authentic version in their deli case.