- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir ham and onions in
- butter until onions are tender. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and
- milk. Add egg mixture to the pan; cook and stir until set. Remove
- from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup reserved hollandaise sauce. Set
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each sheet
- into a 12-in. x 9-1/2-in. rectangle; cut each in half widthwise.
- Place 1 cup egg mixture on half of each rectangle; sprinkle with
- Beat egg and water; brush over pastry edges. Bring an opposite corner
- of pastry over the egg mixture; pinch seams to seal. With a small
- sharp knife, cut several slits in the top.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with
- remaining hollandaise sauce. Sprinkle with tarragon if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pastry with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 1,204 calories, 84 g fat (34 g saturated fat), 601 mg cholesterol, 1,790 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 41 g protein.