Bella Basil Raspberry Tea
Beautiful basil and fresh raspberries lend bright color and refreshing flavor to this grown-up iced tea. You’ll love the fun fizz and make-ahead convenience for parties. —Laurie Bock, Lynden, Washington
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 individual black tea bags
- 1 bottle (1 liter) carbonated water or 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sparkling rose wine
- Ice cubes
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the raspberries, sugar, basil and lime
- juice. Mash berries. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes or until
- juices are released from berries.
- Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain, discarding tea bags and raspberry seeds. Transfer tea to a
- 2-qt. pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, slowly add carbonated water to tea. Serve over
- ice. If desired, top with raspberries. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 281 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.