Bella Basil Raspberry Tea Recipe
Beautiful basil and fresh raspberries lend bright color and refreshing flavor to this grown-up iced tea. You’ll love the fun fizz and make-ahead convenience for parties. —Laurie Bock, Lynden, Washington
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 individual black tea bags
- 1 bottle (1 liter) carbonated water or 1 bottle (750 milliliters) sparkling rose wine
- Ice cubes
- Fresh basil sprigs, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the raspberries, sugar, basil and lime juice. Mash berries. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes or until juices are released from berries.
- Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain, discarding tea bags and raspberry seeds. Transfer tea to a 2-qt. pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, slowly add carbonated water to tea. Serve over ice and garnish with basil sprigs if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bella Basil Raspberry Tea in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p39
Reviews for Bella Basil Raspberry Tea(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >