- 2-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 1-1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet peppers; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and cayenne. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bell Peppers and Pasta
"Fantastic. My husband loved it and so did I. We used pitted kalamata olives because we didn't have black olives on hand and it was so good and easy too. Will definitely make again."
"This is delicious and makes a very satisfying meatless meal. I do think it needs a little more salt, pepper, and oregano."
"I had to scale the recipe for 6, but other than that I made it as written and it was very good. My family eats low fat/low sodium all the time, and we thought this was very tasty. It was a little spicy, and slightly dry, but I will make this again nonetheless. The feta I used was on the salty side too, which may have affected the dish. My 3 younger boys ate it without complaint. Thanks for a good recipe!"
"This sounded good, but it was bland and a little dry."
"This recipe is a family favorite! I don't add the cayenne (my kids would revolt!), but I do add chicken breast strips with the olives and water. It makes a wonderful, well-rounded meal!"
"Was good but needs a little more flavor/kick. I made this according to the recipe."
"Excellent! My family loved it. Would also be good along side roasted chicken."
"Makes a good meatless meal.sc"