- 2-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil for 1-1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet peppers; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the olives, oregano, salt and cayenne. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bell Peppers and Pasta
"This is delicious and makes a very satisfying meatless meal. I do think it needs a little more salt, pepper, and oregano."
"I had to scale the recipe for 6, but other than that I made it as written and it was very good. My family eats low fat/low sodium all the time, and we thought this was very tasty. It was a little spicy, and slightly dry, but I will make this again nonetheless. The feta I used was on the salty side too, which may have affected the dish. My 3 younger boys ate it without complaint. Thanks for a good recipe!"
"This sounded good, but it was bland and a little dry."
"This recipe is a family favorite! I don't add the cayenne (my kids would revolt!), but I do add chicken breast strips with the olives and water. It makes a wonderful, well-rounded meal!"
"Was good but needs a little more flavor/kick. I made this according to the recipe."
"Quick. Easy. And TASTY!"
"Excellent! My family loved it. Would also be good along side roasted chicken."
"Makes a good meatless meal.sc"