Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut peppers into 1-1/2- to 2-in. squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to form two triangles; set aside. In a lightly greased skillet, cook the tomatoes, onion, chili powder and cumin over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro and hot pepper sauce. Spoon a heaping tablespoon onto each pepper triangle. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- 3. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and rice is heated through. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 65 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Bell Pepper Nachos
"delicious and easy to make!!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.