- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut peppers into 1-1/2- to 2-in. squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to form two triangles; set aside. In a lightly greased skillet, cook the tomatoes, onion, chili powder and cumin over medium heat for 3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro and hot pepper sauce. Spoon a heaping tablespoon onto each pepper triangle. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and rice is heated through. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bell Pepper Nachos in Taste of Home June/July 1999
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Bell Pepper Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2011
delicious and easy to make!!