Bell Pepper Muffins Recipe
Featuring three types of peppers and a hint of basil, these tender muffins are perfect with chicken. I trimmed down the original recipe to make them low in fat and cholesterol. -Karen Shipp of San Antonio, Texas
- 1/4 cup each chopped green pepper, sweet yellow pepper and sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and basil. Whisk the egg, egg substitute and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the peppers.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bell Pepper Muffins in Light & Tasty October 2005, p23
Reviews for Bell Pepper Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2013
I can't stick to a recipe, not even the first time. In addition to what the recipe called for I added onion and garlic. Half of the batch I added shredded cheese to. THEY ARE AWESOME!! Thanks for the base recipe!