Belgian-Style Carrot Coins Recipe
• “I received the recipe for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins years ago from a neighbor,” notes Billye Crumlish of Dallas, Texas. “I’ve lost touch with the neighbor but not with this recipe. It’s my family’s favorite way to eat carrots.”
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add the carrots, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in the cream, parsley and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 240 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC