• “I received the recipe for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins years ago from a neighbor,” notes Billye Crumlish of Dallas, Texas. “I’ve lost touch with the neighbor but not with this recipe. It’s my family’s favorite way to eat carrots.”
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add the carrots, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in the cream, parsley and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Belgian-Style Carrot Coins in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p48
Reviews for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2010
"We like this recipe because it is so easy to make. I especially like the creamy taste!"
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2009 Edited Sep. 14, 2009
"Very simple and definitely something I wouldn't hesitate to make again."
Reviewed May. 29, 2008
"Great Side Dish."