• “I received the recipe for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins years ago from a neighbor,” notes Billye Crumlish of Dallas, Texas. “I’ve lost touch with the neighbor but not with this recipe. It’s my family’s favorite way to eat carrots.”
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add the carrots, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in the cream, parsley and nutmeg. Bring just to a boil; remove from the heat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Belgian-Style Carrot Coins in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p48
Reviews for Belgian-Style Carrot Coins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review