My mom’s holiday buffet always included these pickled carrots. I kept the tradition going, then passed the recipe to my daughter. In our family, it isn't a party without this dish. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
- 2 pounds medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Place carrots and bay leaves in a large bowl. In a dry small saucepan, toast caraway seeds over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Stir in water, sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring to a boil. Pour over carrots. Refrigerate, covered, overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Transfer mixture to covered jars. Refrigerate up to 1 month. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Belarus Pickled Carrots in Taste of Home December 2015, p45
Reviews for Belarus Pickled Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2016
"I made this Easter Sunday for a crowd and it went over very well despite the skepticism when told they were picked carrots. I served it as a salad and my husband and I loved it! Will definitely make this again!!"