Beet Salad with Orange-Walnut Dressing Recipe
Light and refreshing, this salad goes nicely with the heavier dishes of the season. Your family and friends will also appreciate the tasty homemade dressing. —Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 1 pound fresh beets
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 2 cups watercress
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place beets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and julienne.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, endive and watercress. Add beets and walnuts.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, onion, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
1-1/2 cups: 255 calories, 14g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 18g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Beet Salad with Orange-Walnut Dressing
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC