Beet Salad with Orange-Walnut Dressing Recipe
Light and refreshing, this salad goes nicely with the heavier dishes of the season. Your family and friends will also appreciate the tasty homemade dressing.
- 1 pound fresh beets
- 6 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups torn curly endive
- 2 cups watercress
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place beets in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel and julienne.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, endive and watercress. Add beets and walnuts.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice, vinegar, onion, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 12 servings (about 1 cup dressing).
1 serving equals 255 calories, 14 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 18 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Beet Salad with Orange-Walnut Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC