Here's a lovely salad to celebrate the changing seasons. The flavors of fresh roasted beets, sweet citrus, rich cheese and tangy vinaigrette were meant for each other. —Mary S. Moskovitz, Ventnor, New Jersey
Recommended: 33 Bright Winter Salads
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh beets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- For vinaigrette, place the first eight ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place beets in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Bake, covered, until tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool; peel and cut into thin slices.
- Just before serving, arrange watercress on a platter or individual plates; top with beets. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Shake dressing again; drizzle over salad. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette in Country Woman
Reviews for Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review