I was looking for a recipe for pickled beets and saw one with lemon instead of vinegar. I immediately thought of making a tabbouleh-inspired salad with beets instead of tomatoes. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Featured In: Genius Foods to Pack for Your Next Plane Ride
- 3 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radish
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops. Wrap beets in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Cool slightly. Peel beets and cut into cubes.
- Place remaining vegetables and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with cucumber mixture. Gently stir in beets. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beet Salad with Lemon Dressing in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p45
Reviews for Beet Salad with Lemon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review