Beet Relish Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked beets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Chill thoroughly. Yield: about 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 34 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Beet Relish
"I liked this recipe but didnot love it as much as a similar recipe my Hungarian mother & friends made. I adapted this recipe to : 2 to 4 cans of slice or whole beets chopped finely; adapted the vinegar, sugar oil & salt & pepper to taste. Chilled over night.I have a better recipe which eliminatre severla of the ingredients in this particulr recipe, but has a better taste."
"Very good. I made two batches: one as printed and one with horseradish as a previous reviewer suggested. Both were good, but my family--who are the supreme arbiters in my world--voted that they like the vinegar version best."
"Add Horseradish for Kick.......... Use Pickled Beets & Forget the Vinegar & Sugar (?)"