Beet Macaroni Salad
Just mention the word "beet" and most kids turn up their noses. Our two children never rushed to the table for beets...but now, when I mention that I'm serving this salad, the response is just the opposite. My mother would prepare dish for me when I was a little girl. It was the only way I'd eat this ruby vegetable.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (7 ounces) shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced beets, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for
- several hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.