Really, it's simple arithmetic…or something like that: Beer is good. Banana bread is good. Beernana bread is great! Even guys who don't know their way around the kitchen can pull this one off. —Steve Cayford, Dubuque, Iowa
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) wheat beer
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar. In another bowl, mix bananas, beer and maple syrup until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Beernana Bread in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p52
Reviews for Beernana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review