Beernana Bread Recipe
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) wheat beer
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar. In another bowl, mix bananas, beer and maple syrup until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 173 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Beernana Bread
"Not for high altitude."
"Your mathematical logic is spot on! This is my favorite banana bread recipe, and I will make it whenever I have the spare bananas. Moist and delicious, fabulous crust. I salute you sir. I also posted this on my All The Cooks App, crediting you of course. :) Thanks for a stellar recipe."
"This recipe is wonderful! The bread is moist and delicious and a welcome change from more traditional banana bread recipes. My husband and I slathered our slices with butter, which was not necessary, but really tasted good! I will definitely be making this again!"
"I enjoyed the flavor of this bread, but I may try putting sugar on the top next time. The beer is subtle, but I can taste it. The texture is amazing."
"Why rate something you haven't even tried? If it's too "weird" for you then move on and don't give a rating - especially if you haven't made it. Actually it wasn't weird at all, I made this today for company. Big hit everyone enjoyed it...and not one person thought it was weird."
"How or WHY would you rate something you didn't even TRY! Excellent!!"
"Haven't tried it.....sounds so weird!!"