- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) wheat beer
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar. In another bowl, mix bananas, beer and maple syrup until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Beernana Bread
Sort By :
I enjoyed the flavor of this bread, but I may try putting sugar on the top next time. The beer is subtle, but I can taste it. The texture is amazing.
Why rate something you haven't even tried? If it's too "weird" for you then move on and don't give a rating - especially if you haven't made it. Actually it wasn't weird at all, I made this today for company. Big hit everyone enjoyed it...and not one person thought it was weird.
How or WHY would you rate something you didn't even TRY! Excellent!!
Haven't tried it.....sounds so weird!!