- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) wheat beer
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour, oats and brown sugar. In another bowl, mix bananas, beer and maple syrup until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Beernana Bread
"Not for high altitude."
"Your mathematical logic is spot on! This is my favorite banana bread recipe, and I will make it whenever I have the spare bananas. Moist and delicious, fabulous crust. I salute you sir. I also posted this on my All The Cooks App, crediting you of course. :) Thanks for a stellar recipe."
"This recipe is wonderful! The bread is moist and delicious and a welcome change from more traditional banana bread recipes. My husband and I slathered our slices with butter, which was not necessary, but really tasted good! I will definitely be making this again!"
"I enjoyed the flavor of this bread, but I may try putting sugar on the top next time. The beer is subtle, but I can taste it. The texture is amazing."
"Why rate something you haven't even tried? If it's too "weird" for you then move on and don't give a rating - especially if you haven't made it. Actually it wasn't weird at all, I made this today for company. Big hit everyone enjoyed it...and not one person thought it was weird."