Beer-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Set aside 2 tablespoons beer. Pour remaining beer over the ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and reserved beer; spread over ham. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 309 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1778mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Beer-Glazed Ham
"Amazing glaze. I used cider vinegar cuz that is what i had."
"Very Easy, good ham, everyone liked a lot!"
"This is an excellent ham and not fussy at all - very easy to make."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer