Here’s a fuss-free way to “fancy up” your Easter ham that everyone will love. Explains Kim Ryon of Factoryville, Pennsylvania, “My motto is: Anything with brown sugar has to be good.” And this ham really is!
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Set aside 2 tablespoons
- beer. Pour remaining beer over the ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and
- reserved beer; spread over ham. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked ham equals 309 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,778 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer