Beer-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Set aside 2 tablespoons beer. Pour remaining beer over the ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and reserved beer; spread over ham. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked ham equals 309 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,778 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer