Beer-Glazed Ham Recipe
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham (3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Set aside 2 tablespoons beer. Pour remaining beer over the ham. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and reserved beer; spread over ham. Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Beer-Glazed Ham(3)
Sort By :
I did a variation on the glaze, but cooking the ham with beer left mine moist and delicious- my entire family liked this (served at Easter dinner). I called it "drunken ham". :-)
Very Easy, good ham, everyone liked a lot!
This is an excellent ham and not fussy at all - very easy to make.