Beer-Flavored Potatoes Recipe
“Just a little beer brings out the best in these." The chopped green pepper and onion are an easy way to add another layer of flavor and texture. Lucile Cline - Wichita, Kansas
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the beer, broth and brown sugar. Stir into vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Beer-Flavored Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC