“Just a little beer brings out the best in these." The chopped green pepper and onion are an easy way to add another layer of flavor and texture. Lucile Cline - Wichita, Kansas
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in green pepper and onion; cook 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the beer, broth and brown sugar. Stir into vegetables. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook 2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Beer-Flavored Potatoes in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p22
Reviews for Beer-Flavored Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review